2018: A RECORD YEAR
FOR CANTIERE DELLE MARCHE
Record number of yachts are under contract and our Order Book is fully booked up to 2022.
CdM’s managing team’s undivided commitment and drive for improvement allowed the brand to grow to what it is today. Concurrently, throughout the years the yard has strongly consolidated its reputation as a builder of strong, reliable and beautiful explorer vessels characterized by clean and distinctive lines.
Since its inception, only 8 years ago, CdM is having an incredible commercial success that allowed it to enter the top twenty yacht builders worldwide while becoming the undisputed world leader in the 100-140 feet, steel/aluminium explorer vessels’ segment where CdM holds an astonishing 58.8% of the market. (We got percentage data by crossing several independent surveys.)
In a few words, in less than a decade, CdM overthrew its direct competitors, even the Northern European ones, acquiring an undisputed leading position. The Ancona based yard, a David compared to the Goliaths among the international yacht builders, is able today to build almost 60% of the entire production of explorer vessels worldwide: this means that 6 out of 10 explorer vessels in steel and aluminium between 100 and 140 feet are built by CdM.
A quick overview on our recent activities:
- CdM has diversified its offer and alongside the Darwin Class and Nauta Air models, the Acciaio range and the Flexplorer line, a new revolutionary series, has been introduced. The first yacht in this new series, Aurelia 29, is already in build.
- Following precise requests from experienced Owners, CdM is also building a few One-off explorer vessels from 39 to 43 metres (370 to 499 GRT). These latter yachts bring the signature of Sculli/Floating Life, Francesco Paszkowski, Horacio Bozzo and Tommaso Spadolini.
Nine yachts are currently under construction in the CdM’s Ancona-based, top-class facilities:
- Tenggiri – Darwin Class 102
- Audace – K42
- Astrum – Acciaio 123
- Aurelia 29 – Flexplorer
- MG 129 – One-off
- Explorer 40.22 – One-off
- Alma – Darwin Class 112
- EXP – Darwin Class 102
- HB 43
CdM has launched and/or delivered two yachts in these last few months:
- The first yacht in the new Acciaio series, the Acciao 105 Gatto that starred at the Cannes Yachting Festival and is Finalist at the Design and Innovation Award 2019 for Best Interiors and Best Naval Architecture;
- The fifth yacht in the Nauta Air series, the Nauta Air 110 Mimì la Sardine which is Finalist at the Design and Innovation Award 2019 for Best Interiors.
The newly constituted Pre-Owned Sales Department has also brought incredible results in the last 12 months confirming the outstanding vision and performance of the sales team. Three sales (Darwin 86, Darwin 96, Darwin 102) have been accomplished in record time with great satisfaction of both buyers and sellers. More news will come about this in the next weeks.
The shipyard’s facilities have undergone significant improvements with the addition of a new shed for yachts up to 50 metres and another large building hall will be available shortly. Next Summer, CdM will also inaugurate a dedicated dock to offer a full range of services to its clients from warranty works to maintenance and refit interventions.
As the outcome of the most recent Yacht Shows has been really extraordinary for CdM and more projects are currently under advanced negotiation, be prepared to receive more sparkling news from us!